Sophie’s Birth
June 11 2014 is the day that my beautiful baby girl entered
this world. The days leading up were pretty interesting. Sunday June 8th
was Trevors Birthday so we had a great day of church, food, and hanging out
with friends. I was on my feet all day so the next day I was pretty exhausted.
However I had been just waiting for our little girl to come. At my 38 week
check up my midwife Rachel told me that I would most likely go late and I would
be having at least an 8 lb baby. I was a little sad because I was so ready to
meet my little angel already. But little did Rachel know exactly one week later
at 39 weeks I went into labor. I woke up at 3 am thinking I needed to use the
restroom so I went pee and just couldn’t stop. I was so confused about what was
going on. “Why cant I stop peeing?” was all that was running through my head.
So I had to yell to wake up Trevor and he came into the bathroom. I just looked
at him and said I think my water may have just broke. He just looked at me like
ummmm I don’t know what to do and it is 3 am. Trevor is not a morning person
and he doesn’t like being woken up in the middle of the night but I think this
one time he was ok with it. I cleaned up and then got in the shower because I
felt dirty. After getting out of the shower I started having pretty good
contractions so I knew that baby was coming today. I got dressed and just hung
out around the house. It was super early so I couldn’t go into the doctor to
check if my water broke and I didn’t wanna go to the hospital yet. We waited
till around 7 then called the midwife and asked what to do. She said if we can
make it until the office opens then wait but if the pain starts getting to be
to much then just go to the hospital. I decided at 7:30 ish that I needed to go
to the hospital. Trevor packed up the bag and we headed to the hospital. I got
checked and what do you know my water broke and it was time to have a baby. I
got all checked in started to really go into labor. The contractions started
getting worse and worse and I didn’t know if I could handle it. I decided to do
a natural birth and this is easier said than done I think. Trevor was so
amazing the whole time and just tried to help me as much as he could. He stayed
by my side through the whole thing and just kept motivating me. At around 11 I
was dialated to a 6 and by 1 I was at a 9 so it was getting time to push. In
between I tried everything to help me through labor pain. I was in bed, in the
shower, on the ball, standing, etc. All of which Trevor had to help me with. I
started pushing around 1 and thought ok I can do this for a little bit but oh
man was it painful. I kept telling Trevor and the midwife Sharon that I wanted
pain medicine and Trevor kept trying to distract me and made it so I never got
pain medicine. I had to keep pushing and trying to get my baby out. Trevor
stood by my side and never left even though I was pulling on him pretty good.
After a few hours of pushing I knew something wasn’t what it was supposed to
be. I told the midwife that something wasn’t wrong and I needed help. The baby
had been in some stress and they couldn’t get a great heartbeat so they put one
on her head. There was a cord that came out so when I pushed you could see that
cord move but it kept going back in so I knew something was up. The doctor came
in and said baby is fine and left. But then I made them get him again and we
figured out that the baby was sunny side up and that is why she was not coming
out correctly. They decided that I needed to use the vacuum to get her out
which was hard for me to hear because I didn’t want to have any kind of
interference with the baby but she was stuck and I needed her out. So I got
hooked up and started pushing again.
A few minutes later my beautiful baby girl
was here. She had been in a lot of stress so they were worried about her heart
beat and oxygen so they had to take her. The doctor clamped the cord, Trevor
cut it and to the warming bed she went. I just remember looking up at Trevor
and saying go with her because I was so scared and wanted her to have her daddy
with her. Then my mom looked over at me and said she looks just like her dad. :) Trevor came back to me after a minute and told me she was ok and had
tears in his eyes. I could just tell he was so in love with his little girl
already and it made everything worth it. All the pain and hurt was worth it to
see how in love Trevor was with her. I had to push out the placenta which was
really weird because I felt like I didn’t have any strength left to do it but I
did. Then I got to have my baby back. She was perfectly fine and they brought
her back to me and I just looked at her and was so happy to have her here. How could something so perfect just have come from me. She was gorgeous and amazing!!
The
next few hours were just cleaning up and getting Sophie to try to eat. Then we
got moved over to the mother baby unit where we spent the night. I didn’t want
to be away from my baby at all but they took her for a few hours so that I
could sleep. Trevor loved just holding his baby girl!
The next day they asked me if I was going home that day or staying
another night. I was done being at the hospital and just wanted to be home with
my husband and daughter in our own house. We stayed through the day and got our
stork dinner which was chicken cordon bleu and was very good then went home
around 5:30. The first night home was rough and I cried through part of the
night because Sophie wasn’t sleeping very good and I just wanted her to be ok.
But then we all got adjusted and the next few nights have been a lot better.
She is such a blessing to us and our lives. I just want to sit and hold and stare
at her all day. Heavenly Father gave us one of his choice children and I am so
grateful for her and the opportunity I have to be a mom!
(Lena Rose made Sophie a little hat)
(sleeping with daddy)
(Grandma time)
We love our baby girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment